Our client is an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company involved in the construction, ownership and management of office, industrial, retail and residential properties. Founded in 1954, the company is one of the largest private developers in Canada, with a primary focus in the Greater Toronto Area. Known for its innovative, multi-disciplinary approach and superior design, and is highly regarded as one of the most trusted builders in Toronto, with a strong reputation for quality and customer service excellence.
• Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes
• Coordinates and administers the Project Quality Plan
• Maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer or office, master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system and project directory
• Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, submittals and RFIs
• Supports the subcontract management/procurement process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, processes invoices and progress claims and assists with the review of documents and inquiries
• Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed
• Participates in the tracking of project milestones; assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule
• Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals and occupancy documents; creates turnover documents, demobilizes site and archives documents • Performs other related duties.
• 2 - 3+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience • Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
• Working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
• Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
• Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
• Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
• Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; familiar with scheduling software Work Conditions
• Project site based position
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas