Our client is a family-operated business with deep roots in Toronto. With more than 65 years of history focused on building single-family homes that delivered outstanding quality and lasting value. Over the years, our client grew to creating entire mixed-use communities, becoming a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary real estate development company.
- Monitors the project construction plan on schedule and budget without compromising quality
- Consults with third party inspectors, design team and municipal/provincial authorities
- Monitors work performance and productivity of trades to ensure project policies, procedures, and safety requirements are maintained
- Acts as a liaison between trades, sub-trades, project manager and consultants to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications
- Understand the contract and scope of work, ensuring scope of work is clearly communicated to trades
- Assists in planning work schedules, material quantities, and equipment · Receiving, tracking and inspection of field purchases and materials, keeping daily records of labour, equipment, concrete, aggregates, rentals, subcontracts
- Reports to and aids the Project Superintendent in identifying and resolving potential problems, work interferences, and scheduling difficulties
- dentify and control all actual or potential hazards and risks
- Support cost control, proper coding and managing project within budget · Assist with SIR, RFI, PO Requests, Site Memo's etc.
- Maintains the project's Daily Job Log · Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the site office
Ensure that "as built" drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades.
Expeditious completion of project deficiencies · Managing and mentoring of hourly employees
Willing to accept training, learn new skills and grasp development opportunities, and motivated to continually build knowledge as well as sharing expertise with others · Ensure accuracy & quality control for all in-suite finishes & upgrades · Co-ordinates & implements procedures with all governing authorities & consultants to obtain the scheduled occupancy permit · Ensure work is performed & communicated in compliance with company safety policy · Prepare weekly progress reports & photos · Coordinates with all trades & consultants the commissioning of all equipment according to schedule · Ensure employees have the necessary training to perform their work & report workplace hazards/injuries promptly · Ensure all new workers receive workplace specific Health & Safety orientation · Ability to lead & run effective site meetings with consultants, trades, and internal employees · Organize, participate, and take minutes at JHSC meetings.
The Successful Applicant
2-year college diploma in a related discipline, Certified Engineering Technologist or equivalent. · Minimum 5 years of experience in a construction management related position. · Knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, including building materials construction specifications, methods, and procedures. · Ability to lead trades and evaluate performance. · Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges. · Ability to visualize the entire project, anticipate constructability issues, and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules. · Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency. · Understanding of the project schedule's critical path. · Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people to achieve maximum efficiency. · Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications. · Knowledge of safety principles, procedures, legislation. · Effective oral and written communication skills. · Good organizational skills with attention to detail. · Valid driver's license. · Ability to travel and/or commute to the site; flexibility is necessary. · Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Outlook. · Must have fall arrest, WHMIS & First Aid training What's on Offer • A competitive salary of $100,000 to $140,000 • Excellent company benefits • An opportunity to grow within a growing, established construction company
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas