Real Estate Development
Project Mix: High-Rise, Multi-family Woodframe & Commerical
Reporting to VP Construction, the Senior Estimator plays an integral role in the responsibility for preparing and coordinating the preparation of full estimates on projects as required and working in collaboration with both the Development & Construction Project Managers to successfully secure bids and proposals.
Senior Estimator Key Responsibilities
Senior Estimator Education & Experience
- Responsible for preparing estimates with the necessary level of details for all design stages
- Responsible for preparing quantity take-offs and estimated costs of materials, labour, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract
- Evaluates, tracks and monitors labour pricing/production for specific projects and/or locations; demonstrate proficiency in material, labour, sub and equipment pricing for all trade disciplines
- Assist with maintaining the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date and relevant
- Familiar with the Procurement process and lead operations in the purchasing process
- Manage job-specific estimating teams in the assembly and submission of bids
- Prepare Estimate Action List; establish responsibilities and make assignments to estimating team members; coordinate and supervise work; establish schedule for completion of tasks to meet project requirements
- Review estimate assignments to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal submission
Requires industry related college degree is required in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management with minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in Estimating, Project Management experience is helpful but not required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Hard bid experience would be an asset.
Senior Estimator Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Similar Job Titles
- Demonstrated ability to gather and organize information from several sources and compose materials for formal distribution
- Cost Estimating skills, inclusive of breakdown down assemblies to develop ROM’s, Budgets and actual work
- Ability to develop bid packages for vendors and subcontractors
- Ability to qualify and scope out vendor and sub-contractor’s proposals
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills
- Procurement Management
- Extensive experience with plan review
- Thorough knowledge of residential single-family, multi-family wood frame construction, light commercial
- Strong MS Office suite skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project or other digital tools
Senior Estimator Salary
Commensurate with experience, full benefits package and lots of other perks!
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas