Vancouver, British Columbia
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture and Design Firm
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Intern/Junior Architect to join a progressive and growing team in the architecture and design community in Vancouver working on a variety of different projects from multi-family, to commercial and mixed use developments.
Our client has been in practice for over 40 years in Western Canada and has developed itself as one of the leading firms based in Vancouver. With a great team and a strong focus in designing new projects the firm has established itself in the market and is continuing to grow.
The Intern Architect position will require a strong understanding of planning and development processes as well as design and architectural practices. The ideal individual will be creative, design oriented, collaborative and have a keen sense for city processes and development that tie in with architectural designs (permitting, planning, rezoning, etc.)
Due to a specific project out client is looking for an Intern Architect candidate who can fluently speak Mandarin.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, AAA Designated (Registered in Canada/British Columbia)
- LEED Certification is an asset
- 3+ years' experience as an Intern/Junior Architect working within commercial, residential and mixed-use
- Excellent experience working with Photoshop, AuotCAD, and SketchUp
- REVIT experience is a definite asset
- Excellent knowledge of urban design practices, planning, and development within Vancouver
- Strong experience overseeing technical production and construction
- Proven graphical experience developing renders and drawings with a variety of projects
- Must be experienced in planning, all phases of architectural design from schematic design to design development and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Role is being hired ASAP please submit your resume if you believe you are a fit for this position.