Competitive Salary and Benefits
Construction & Engineering
An excellent opportunity for and experienced Project Director to join a progressive and dynamic company in the power production and distribution industry with opportunities to progress and develop further into the organization. This is a unique company with an excellent platform to develop and grow and create innovative solutions for the power industry.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a power producer based in Calgary, Alberta that develops on-site power to gas generation facilities across the country. Their process is unique and has administered a variety of applications for this power generation including base-load power, co generation and flare to gas power production. These applications work exceptionally well for industrial operations in remote locations and for facilities that need to operate on a 24 hour basis without interruption of power failure from the grid. With clients in the industrial, manufacturing and oil and gas industry our client can expand into many different environments and operate efficiently and effectively for all it's users.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Project Director will have a specific project and facility to manage in the Alberta region with the aspect to grow this region and manage further projects as the company expands. The role will require planning, coordinating and management of the project deliverables with some travel to the site required. Proven ability to manage a large scale project focused in power generation including cost management, budget development, construction and timeline management. There will be a strong emphasis on project scheduling, construction planning and design and review of drawings for efficient project execution. Proven experience managing a project from inception to completion is essential for this role with projects ranging in size from $1 Million - $1 Billion. This position will work directly with the senior leadership team in strategic business operations and practices working with clients and managing the full operations process in the facility's development and construction. Development of operating and maintenance programs for the facility will be mandatory and managing a team of project professionals will be essential to the success of this role.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering (Master's in Mechanical Engineering an asset)
- P.Eng designation recognized with APEGGA
- 10 + years' experience working in the power generation, facility construction, and/or industrial industry
- Proven experience working with large scale power projects (400 MW +) in combined cycle, co-generation configurations
- Familiar with safety standards, codes, and bylaws applicable to the industry
- Experience working with Provincial Regulators including; Alberta Electrical System Operator, Alberta Utilities Commission, Alberta Environment and Parks and the Alberta Energy Regulator
- Experience leading a team and developing technical staff and sub consultants throughout a full construction process
- Strong client relations skills with strong interpersonal skills for further business development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Executive Leaders within this entrepreneurial company
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!