Structural Steel Detailer
Competitive Compensation Package
As one of the largest and fastest growing Structural Steel firms in Canada, this company has built some of the tallest and most iconic structures in Ontario and around the world. A career with this company means ongoing and unlimited opportunity to learn and grow on the job. Hamilton offers a growing number of city amenities while still remaining affordable for prospective home owners.
The Structural Steel Detailer will provide support to all projects using 3D modeling software including Tekla. The role entails the design and provision of assembly drawings & electronic files for fabrication. The Structural Steel Detailer will prepare erection diagrams for site and work with the field services department to ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work in collaboration with the detailing team to provide 3D model designs, ensuring coordination of details for minimization of errors
- Create 3D Model Designs based on Project Requirements
- Review drawings to determine connections for input into the Tekla system
- Prepare complete and accurate drawings for fabrication
- Maintain all project correspondence and assist clients, consultants and contractors where required
- Review all project documentation to identify priority items
- A University Degree or Drafting/Engineering Technology Diploma/Certificate from a recognized technical institute, or suitable work experience.
- Minimum 5 years within the Steel/Concrete Industry or relevant industry experience
- Experience in designing/drafting using automated software
Skills, Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Knowledge of the Tekla System or equivalent system
- Experience in structural steel fabrication
- Advanced ability to read structural and architectural drawings
- The ability to work within a high-pressure but collaborative team environment and to lead where necessary
- Superior communication skills
Our client offers support in relocating for qualified candidates residing in other cities. They offer a generous compensation package that includes many benefits and incentives.
If you are a good match for this role and would like to apply in confidence, please send your resume.