Job Title: Senior Accountant
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Medical/Healthcare
Salary: $80,000-$90,000, plus room to grow!!
Our established client in the medical device industry is seeking a Senior Accountant to work aside the CFO at their shared services HQ in the North York area. Great location, great working environment, great opportunity!!!
About our client
With multiple locations to serve consumers across the province, this is Canada's largest locally owned and independently-operated company in it's field. They offer a full range of first class services and are dedicated to the best interests of their valued patients.
About the role
This company has been running operations status-quo for a number of years. The new incumbent will be excited to learn the ins and outs of the business, suggest, implement and manage process improvement changes.
Under the direction of the Interim CFO, you will be responsible for full cycle accounting up to and including month end close. You must be willing to adapt to changing responsibilities as the company goes through management and leadership changes and prepares for growth.
About the candidate:
- Month end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, general ledger analysis
- Bank reconciliations, AR reconciliations, depreciation, prepaid expenses,
- Record journal entries and reconcile accounts
- Audit checks, reviews and year end preparation
- Manage cash flow; monitor cash balances, prepare cash transfers, schedule payments
- Assist CFO with internal controls and process improvement initiatives
- Post Secondary Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA designated or pursuing is preferred
- Minimum 5 years full cycle accounting experience
- Strong technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting softwares
- Excellent communication skills, team orientated, ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Pleasant and friendly! Fit is important!! We spend a lot of time together at work.
Why this job? This is an established company in a stable and growing industry. Privately owned and Canadian operated, you will be a part of a great group of talented individuals in their respective fields. This position will keep you busy and challenged, and you'll be mentored by a successful Interim CFO!!