Mechanical Project Coordinator
Competitive Compensation package
Annual Bonus and RRSP matching
Our client is a very successful firm with a portfolio of interesting and varied commercial projects across the country. They have partnered with us to aid them in their search for an exceptional Project Coordinator with a mechanical background. This is a company who is experiencing an extended phase of growth, creating new opportunities for individuals who are looking for a place to put down roots and shine. Here, you are not a number and there are real opportunities to develop your career in a positive, supportive and engaging environment.
The Mechanical Project Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the project team to ensure that every project is completed to the highest standards of quality. This position encompasses a full spectrum of administrative and technical duties including the following:
- Assist Project Manager with all aspects of project execution including schedule, scope and quality
- Draft and issue purchase orders and all related project documentation
- Prepare estimates, change order requests, RFIs and other important project documents with accuracy and precision
- Assist with accurate project information including the execution of overall work plan and schedule
- Review and process shop drawings, ensuring complete and accurate coverage of awarded scope of work
- Issue contracts and purchase orders, share and log with a high level of accuracy and within required timeframes
- Prepare invoices and progress draws when required
- Attend project meetings, prepare and distribute detailed and accurate meeting minutes
- Prepare and review all closeout documents including as-built drawings, warranties etc.
- Represent the company with professionalism and integrity
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or comparable technical education
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an ICI or mechanical environment
- One year of drafting experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Very strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Effective decision-making skills based on sound judgement and acquired knowledge
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle
- A commitment to learning and development and full confidence in your ability to succeed.
Thank you for your interest. This role is being hired to start immediately so please submit your resume ASAP.