South Western Ontario
Food/Pharmaceutical candidates will be of high interest
10 years of Plant management experience
$120,000.00 to $150,000.00
Very Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a leading food manufacturing company in South Western Ontario (GTA) with a dominant presence in their industry. They supply the Canadian market across all major grocery locations and are the industry leader with an extremely well-known and established brand.
As the Plant Manager, you will play a key role in the leadership and development of the local Plant. The candidate will have the skill set to shape and mould the business by implementing new policies and procedures to achieve and surpass set targets. Currently as the industry brand leader they have healthy profit lines and are looking to improve performance and profitability. This opportunity involves a mixed approach of leadership for hourly (unionized) employees, as well as coaching, mentoring and promoting for salaried (non-unionized) employees.
- Engineering background is preferred. Whether you have a designation in engineering yourself or have managed a team of engineers, a strong understanding of mechanical engineering is a key component to the success of this opportunity.
- Experience managing a P&L of 100M +
- Change management methodology
- Experience and understanding of Collective Bargaining Agreements in conjunction with Human Resource best practices.
- Prepared to take accountability for the performance of unionized and non-unionized employees related to manufacturing.
- Initiate recommendations and implement the overall maintenance improvement strategy for the operation. This involves the groundwork and implementation of the annual capital expenditure budget.
- 10 + years of management experience with a proven track record of motivating and promoting their direct reports
- Experience managing a team of engineers or having an engineering background would be considered a major asset.
- A proven track record of demonstrated guidance and leadership to promote the team and reach the company target goals. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential to succeed in this environment. We will be looking for candidates that have the ability to roll up their sleeves, lead by example, take initiative, and drive positive results within a multifaceted manufacturing environment.
- Experience with customer service level targets to determine they are met through the synchronization of manufacturing processes from demand planning to customer delivery.
- Strong understanding of collective bargaining agreements & Human resource policies and procedures to manage the performance of non-unionized and unionized employees / manufacturing personnel.
- Ensure compliance if needed, with CFIA, Health and Safety, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, and other legislative bodies that directly impact the performance of the operation.
- Lead and create a strong team environment to maintain a productive and positive environment for the entire team. Leading by example is essential.
- Work alongside the Sales Team and Marketing Managers on new & upcoming product development initiatives.
- Accountable for manufacturing/production costs, labor, direct responsibility of the operation results and cost reduction/improvement with lean manufacturing initiatives in mind. 6 Sigma experience would be a major asset.
- Prepare and execute the yearly overhead budget, and “direct product cost” to meet the targeted goals.
- Accountability of Quality Assurance, and for meeting customer product specifications.
- Guarantee that the branding strategy is executed and supported through the adherence of strong manufacturing practices. Ensure that audit targets including Health & Safety are met with a positive result YOY.
- Prepare, plan, organize and lead multiple projects is essential.
- Maintain and improve on the productive employee relations environment.
- Accountability for adhering to good manufacturing practices, Human Resource standards, Health and Safety, continuous improvement which all have a direct impact the profit and loss metrics of the business.