Legal Counsel – Commercial Transactions
Metro Vancouver, BC
Our client, an iconic retailer ranked among the top employers in Canada, has a rare opportunity to add a member to their in-house legal team. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment and gain exposure to challenging and interesting issues across a range of legal areas. This is a long-term career opportunity where you can advance within the organization. The company supports career growth, offers excellent compensation and benefits, and is committed to its core values.
As Legal Counsel, your role will be to provide legal advice on a range of matters including real estate leasing, intellectual property, employment law, and general commercial transactions.
Your essential skills/experience:
- A law degree from a recognized university
- A current member of the Law Society of BC or another Canadian law Society and qualified to practice law in British Columbia
- A background in commercial transactions and a minimum of 2 years of legal experience in real estate, technology, e-commerce/marketing, privacy, or retail
- Demonstrated contract drafting, negotiation, and communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in an in-house corporate law department would be beneficial
Salary commensurate with experience
Excellent company benefits, pension, etc.
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Real Estate Law