EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INTERIOR DESIGN
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Interior Design & Architecture
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Executive Director, Interior Design with experience in the design and architecture industry to join a luxury, highly reputable and multidisciplinary firm focused in the residential and hospitality sector in Toronto, Ontario.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client has been a leader in designing and creating luxury interior spaces in the hospitality and residential sector for over 20 years. With a passion for the industry and a focus on building long-lasting relationships with their clients, they have developed a team of strong and talented professionals who are focused and driven to develop their passion for design further. They are a collaborative team who strives to create the best spaces for their clients both locally, nationally and internationally. Our client prides themselves on being a boutique and entrepreneurial studio; with big creative concept driven thinking that drives their design and everyday life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Executive Director, Interior Design will have experience with business development, leading a team and aspirations to grow a business through the leadership of innovative and exciting designs and projects. There will be a focus to build on strategy and development with the company for future growth.With a solid understanding and excellent knowledge of the industry and local market, the successful candidate will support the Principal and Executive team in making decisions for company growth and development. Leading the Interior Design team will be a requirement in this position and following and develop new business whether the projects be in Toronto, Ontario Region or with a National reach for new business endeavours. With a great support team and excellent Executive Leaders there is a lot of room to develop professionally within the company and to build new client relationships as the firm develops as well.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- B.Deg Interior Design/Master's in Architecture, NCIDQ/RAIC, OAA/AIDO Registered
- 5+ years' experience as a Director/Senior Associate Interior Designer with an interior design or architecture firm or developer
- 15+ years' experience in the Interior Design & Architecture industry
- Experience with business development strategies in the local market and passion to build and grow a team
- Excellent knowledge of workplace designs and interiors as well as luxury commercial, hospitality, mixed-use and residential designs
- Portfolio of projects and designs within Canada that highlight design skills
- Experience working with technical programs such as; AuotCAD, Ventorworks and Sketch Up are assets
- Detailed approach to project management with an entrepreneurial mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and planning a must
- Passion for design and architecture with a strong leadership approach to execute a team mentality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership team on strategies to develop the company further
Please apply directly if you believe you are the right candidate.