Senior Structural Engineer
Competitive Salary and benefits package
One of our clients, a busy and well established engineering consulting firm, is currently looking to hire a Senior Structural Engineer (Buildings) in Vancouver. This company works on a range of projects including commercial, municipal, residential and industrial sector work. They have a sound reputation and a strong portfolio of work, and pride themselves on their progressive work environment, providing plenty of opportunity for professional development and a good work life balance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role as a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be involved in a range of tasks and responsibilities, including and not limited to:
- Perform structural analysis and design for a range of projects including municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects, including existing buildings and structures.
- Complete structural calculations and prepare and edit structural specifications.
- Client liaison, coordinate with various stakeholders
- Conduct seismic assessments and upgrades of existing buildings and structures.
- Assist and provide input in preparing fee proposals for structural related aspects of a project.
- Manage technical staff in the preparation of contract drawings and documents, delegate tasks
- Coordinate structural designs and documents with other disciplines (Architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and landscaping, etc.)
- Provide structural engineering support during construction, attend site meetings, and carry out field reviews.
- Participate in the development of quality production and service standards and liaise with other office locations.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Analysis and Design.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC. Registration as a Struct.Eng. would be an asset.
- 10-15+ years relevant experience in Canada. Experience in tilt-up construction design methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of North American building design codes and standards, including seismic design and detailing requirements.
- Proficient in structural engineering design software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Beneficial tax savings through our company savings program
- Professional development opportunities
- Work life balance
- Office locations to suit your needs with accessible use of fitness facilities, day cares, shops, restaurants and more
If you believe you're a good fit for this role and meet the requirements above, please apply now. The role is being hired ASAP