Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 + Benefits/Bonus
Architecture and Design Firm
Similar titles: Design Technician, Architectural Technician, Revit Operator, Revit Technician
One of our clients, a well established and reputable Architecture and Design firm in Vancouver with a mid sized office is currently looking to add an additional architectural technologist to their collaborative and passionate team.
This firm work on a wide variety of project types including commercial, institutional, healthcare, public sector, residential and mixed use disciplines.
As an architectural technologist / technician, you will be technically strong and work with team members throughout all phases of the production process. Day to day duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Contribute to the coordination and preparation of complete working drawing packages and construction documents for pricing and building permit submission.
• Interpret and implement Zoning By-laws along with other applicable regulations
• Validate that designs and deliverables confirm to company and client standards, the BC Code requirements, and other applicable regulations.
• Give input to proposals and designs issues, using problem solving skills to overcome technical challenges
• Produce rendered visualization material, including plans and elevations, when required.
• Work collaboratively with team members, clients and consultants.
• Attend project team meetings.
• Visit job sites to gather essential data for the design and implementation of projects when required.
As a dynamic member of the team, you will user your experience to pier review the work of junior staff in the office on occasion, and coach and mentor them to lead a successful team in the production department.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Architectural Technology Diploma/Certification
- 6+ years' experience as an Architectural Technologist in and engineering/design based firm, ideally from within Canada
- Experience working with Revit is absolutely essential. Experience with AutoCAD, MS Office and MS Project is an asset
- Experience working with commercial and mixed use projects. Some wood frame experience in addition, is an asset.
- Ability to manage and lead a project with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail, accurate and precise worker
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with clients and project teams
- Opportunity to work for a very well managed company that operates with integrity, a collaborative and supportive work culture and is a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Be involved in large scale, complex projects; receive support for furthering education/professional skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Great downtown location
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.