Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture and Design Firm
Other Titles: Interior Designer, Designer, Decorator, Interior Decorator, Intermediate
A full service, award-winning Architecture & Design firm in Edmonton, is hiring for an experienced Intermediate Interior Designer to join their collaborative team. This company is well established with multiple offices across Western Canada. They're projects span across many sectors including commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, mixed use, residential, public, emergency services, retail, seniors living and sports and recreation.
The intermediate interior designer is involved with multiple projects within the firm and represents the firm with the Client as well as the sub-consultants, contractors and public authorities. The intermediate interior designer role involves programming, design execution and will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy and leadership through all stages of the project.
- Space planning and programming
- Create and deliver design presentations to the client, as well as documentation packages for presentations and contract documents
- Assist and mentor junior designers
- Review documents and drawings for accuracy and design intent
- Assist in the review and preparation of technical specifications
- Additional Responsibilities - Develop and implement design concepts, 3D Modeling, Renderings, Project Research, Materials and Furniture Sourcing, etc.
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings selection
- Experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships
- Experience with construction administration services
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University/College or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 - 8 years’ experience
- Licensed Interior Designer or currently enrolled in the internship program
- Registered member of IDA/IDC is an asset
- NCIDQ is an asset
- LEED AP is an asset
- Experience in business development/marketing an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- Strong/independent ability to interface with clients and consultants
- Knowledgeable in local Building Codes
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Junior Interior Designer, Interior Designer, Interior Decorator, Decorator, Edmonton, Alberta, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, St. Albert, Leduc
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas