TalentsSphere Staffing Solutions has partnered with one of the largest cement producers in the world, who have been operating for nearly 100 years. They have recently participated in many landmark projects in the Toronto area within the engineering, civic, and residential space.
This Electrical & Automation Project Engineer will join the Project Team and coordinate, control, monitor, and supervise all phases of the assigned project(s), including inception, definition of scope, planning, design, procurement and construction, through commissioning and handover to project close-out. Ensures project delivery is in accordance with project scope, schedule, budget and quality assurance parameters.
- Effectively support and define project scope and strategy in conjunction with the Project Manager and end-users.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project and directs project tasks.
- Support the Project Manager with activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Support project reports for management.
- Support to project manager to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Support and lead on preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Manages contractors, consultants and vendor resources.
- Controls and calculated cost estimates used for management purposes.
- Organizes and manages at all cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Support the supervisors of all contractors working on assigned projects (no sub-ordinate supervisor in the department).
- Support towards resolution of cement plant issues and problems liaising with plant and department managers
- Technical and supervisory assistance in plant maintenance department emergencies, shutdown planning and maintenance strategies.
- Manages all SAP functions including, PR`s, PO`s, Service Receipts and all AP issues
- Track defined tasks for the assigned project.
- Support with commissioning of instruments, motors, VFDs and PLCs.
What’s in it for you
- Engineering degree, diploma or certificate electrical or automation.
- 5-7+ years of proven experience in industrial environment, cement factories or mining.
- Experience with PLC programing, commissioning and project startups;
- Good computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Tools.
- Team player, can work independently
- Ability to travel and stay in other cities during the commissioning and shutdown activities
- Travel to sites in both Canada and US as required
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. French is a definite asset.
Our client offers an attractive compensation with includes a strong base salary and bonus plan, medical, dental, vision disability and life insurance, as well as an RRSP plan.
They offer the ability to work for an industry leader, in a collaborative environment where innovation is encouraged, and employees are empowered.
If this opportunity is appealing to you, and you bring the relevant experience then please apply directly to this job posting. Note that only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be eligible for the position.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas