A respected General Contractor in the Ottawa area with 4 decades of experience delivering civil & industrial projects from roads, bridges, sewage & water facilities and salt Storage facilities.
The Project Manager will provide management oversight for all phases of the construction projects and ensure that project quality, schedule, cost control, safety and customer satisfaction objections are met.
• Oversee and mentor the project delivery team to ensure the successful delivery of each project. This team includes Superintendents and Project Coordinators.
• Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers and employees to ensure needs are met and problems/conflicts are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Develop, review and approve project schedules, estimates and all updates.
• Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and budget.
• Oversee the performance of all subcontractors. Ensure compliance with the scope and timely submission of all contract documentation.
• Assume responsibility for the proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
• Complete bi-weekly status reports keeping management informed on construction progress, direct and indirect construction costs and forecasts and other activities that are a part of the work.
• Ensures job status reports are properly reviewed with the project team before issuance.
• Report to owners and engineers about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
• Advises management of developments that may affect profit, cost, schedules and client relations.
• Maintain effective contingency plans for potential problems concerning labour, weather, etc.
• Implement and maintain an effective construction safety program.
• Follow-up with the client at the end of the project to ensure satisfaction
• Participate in business development activities and promote productive client relationships.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or a college diploma and 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (i.e., technology, equipment, methods); negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules and safety equipment.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondences. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, customer-driven environment.
• Must possess superior organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera and Auto Cad
• Ability to work and achieve results on time with minimal guidance or direction and be accountable/conscious of cost.
• Flexible in approach and problem-solving ability; able to embrace challenges and resolve.
• Experience in Heavy Civil Construction is required
• Experience in Sewer and Water, Wastewater Treatment, or pumping stations considered an asset
Salary range $85,000-$110,000 + Benefit, Bonuses, Vehicle & RRSP
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas