Product Development Engineer (Product Engineer)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Purpose of Position:
Developing products for internal initiatives as well as customer directed programs, with a focus on performance and durability. Internal initiatives represent entirely new or redesigns of existing products or technologies - in alignment with business’ strategies.
- Key responsibilities include product design & development with a focus on performance and durability requirements.
- Internal initiatives:
- Develop innovative products or technologies in alignment with company’s strategic goals
- Responsible for developing technical solutions focused on acoustics, thermals, fluids/power, and durability
- Participate in product roadmaps and continued evolution of existing product platforms
- Understand our market, customers, competition, technological advancements in our industry towards generating proposals, business cases and strategies towards sustainable product development
- Support business process through conception, development, proto/validation, bringing to market & production launch
- Customer directed initiatives:
- Responsible for developing solution to performance and durability requirements; as well approving the final design meets established requirements
- Collaborate closely with proto, costing, and launch teams
- Support business process through development, proto/validation, and production launch
- Create design proposals of solutions considering technical requirements, cost, manufacturability
- Work with R&D Department to support the integration of emissions aftertreatment technologies in the customer exhaust systems
- Overall responsibilities:
- Use Creo Parametric to design and model complete exhaust systems including mufflers, resonators, thermal shields, decoupling elements and other related devices
- Analyze using ANSYS, engineering principals & judgment, technical specifications, and standards to meet necessary requirements
- Considerations include acoustics, vibrations, heat transfer, fluids, materials, fatigue, manufacturability and cost
- Communication & coordination with all departments, including vendors and customer engineers to understand issues, define objectives and create solutions
- Lead technical meetings and coordinate internally with Sales, Quality, Production and Engineering representatives for quick response with projects
- Support departmental goals for Prototype, Quotation, VA/VE, Product Development and Design Defect Reduction
- Review & approve designs, complete NPI forms including SOR, DFMEA, DFM/A and DVPR for risk mitigation
- Support global operations including continuous improvement initiatives
- Some travel will be required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
Licensed Mechanical Engineer, or eligible through PEO
≥5 years’ experience in a similar field
Software: Creo Parametric, ANSYS, Windchill PDMLink
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
Finalist applicants will be required to undertake a full criminal and background screening assessment.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas