Estimator / Project Coordinator
Attractive Benefits Package
Our client, a successful and growing Design/Build firm in Belleville is looking to add a new professional to their team. This role will be focused on Estimating with some Project Coordination duties. We are looking for a candidate with at least two years of experience and a construction-related education. Our client is offering a very competitive compensation package to the right candidate.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
PROJECT COORDINATION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initial consultation with sales coordinator to clarify scope of work as well as pertinent project details
- Co-ordination of construction permits and site plan approvals with design coordinator
- Co-ordination of engineering and design with consultants and design coordinator
- Co-ordination of construction with the site supervisor and sub-trades
- Budget monitoring & job cost control, including pre-construction & post-project reviews
- Review of drawings for efficiency and constructability
- In consultation with the site supervisor, preparing of the detailed project schedule. During construction work closely with and support the site supervisor in maintaining the schedule wherever possible (promoting operational efficiencies and avoiding unnecessary delays)
- Acting as primary client contact for all aspects of project, including scheduling, contract preparation, change directives/orders, municipal requirements, etc.
- Tendering work to sub-trades (depending on the project, quotes may be on hand from sales process)
- Issuing purchase orders
- Keeping and filing of project files and documents (digital & paper)
- Detailing of project issues including drawing reviews, sketches, and co-ordination of consultant team as required
- Project invoicing on a monthly basis or as applicable
- Estimating of tender projects, as required
- Contract administration
Why work here?
- Education in a construction-related discipline including engineering, architecture, construction management or building sciences
- At least two years of experience in a similar role in a Design/Build environment
This is a great opportunity to work at a thriving firm that has been in business for over 40 years. This company is located in Belleville with operations all over Southeastern Ontario. This is a place where you can grow your career with interesting projects and a great team.
If you are a match for this role, please send your resume in confidence.
Thank you for your interest.
Senior Project Coordination
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas