Commercial / Residential
Real Estate Development
Reporting directly to the VP, Finance, the Property Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of residential and commercial properties throughout Metro Vancouver. Working alongside an Assistant Property Manager and various building staff, you are to lead the team and develop existing working relationships with your clients and buildings’ tenants as well as ad hoc responsibilities that will support the busy and collaborative team environment.
We are looking for an individual who is bright, hard-working, professional, confident, and dynamic. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who really wants to grow with a mid-sized, Vancouver-based Real Estate Developer.
What the role Property Manager role encompasses:
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of short-term and long-range plans. Develop recommendations for goals and action plans to achieve corporate objects and lead annual goal setting
- Establish a strong working relationship with tenants, contractors, and staff, while maintaining excellence in customer service and performance
- Negotiate new leases, monitor lease expiration as well as reading, interpreting, and preparing lease documents
- Supervision and negotiate service contracts, which may include waste removal, janitorial, site security
- Complete regular building inspections, document deficiencies and follow-up on work to be completed in coordination with the Assistant Property Manager
- Assist with the monthly financial packages, reporting on operating variances, changes in tenants and leasing and capital projects
- Assist in creating the annual budget, quarterly reforecast and capital budgets
- Monitor rent collection and oversee the arears process, such as repayment plans and legal action as required
- Implement preventative maintenance programs and environmentally friendly initiatives Knowledge of all Community Governing documents, Legislation and Human Rights
- Provide leadership to each meeting involving the management in terms of agenda support and written and oral reports. Summarize the priorities of each meeting with appropriate follow up.
- Train and supervise all staff within the commercial or residential building assigned
- Assess and monitor community needs: identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures and developing new programs. Implement programs or improvements.
- On-site visibility throughout the common areas and facilities
- Ensure adherence to master calendar, maintenance calendar, and budgets
- Review corporation policies on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with civil code, declaration and other requirements of governing institutions
- Always ensure due diligence for the protection of funds, property and assets against all reasonably foreseeable contingencies or losses
Property Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and five years experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management experience in a small or medium-sized organization including responsibility for more than one functional department or division preferred
- Understanding of building management, financial planning and laws related to property management
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Outlook, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word Team oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative with proven results
- Experience with Yardi is an asset
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
Commensurate with experience, Benefits, and growth opportunities!
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.