Senior Superintendent – Underground Utilities
Full time, Permanent, Salaried
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client, one of the most recognized civil contractors in the Vancouver market has partnered with TalentSphere to secure an experienced and knowledgeable Civil Superintendent to oversee underground utility projects throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley. Our client has been a long standing employer of choice for the last 30 years! Through various industry associations, our client has been awarded as the contractor of choice for large earthworks, underground infrastructure, and specialty environmental remediation work throughout Southern BC.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Ensure Safety, Quality, and Production on all civil projects
- Organization of field staff requirements and accountabilities
- Represent field construction team in various project stakeholder and project management meetings.
- Mentoring and coaching project supervisors
- Leads planning efforts with site supervisors
- Supervise and direct construction projects in strict accordance with the contract documents
- Oversee project milestones as they relate to achieving dates and deadlines for project schedules
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings as required
- Reviewing cost reports with supervisors to analyze and determine solutions and correct any tasks that are not within budget.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, construction Management, or other related discipline.
- 10-15 years supervising civil infrastructure project teams, with a heavy focus on underground utilities and associated crews.
- Must demonstrate proven leadership who is highly motivated to the overall success of projects.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all workplace safety guidelines.
- Strong understanding of labour standards and employee relations.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent, family-oriented culture with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry.
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!