Job Title: Plant Finance Manager
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Location: Quebec City area
Our large building material manufacturing client located in the Quebec City area is hiring a Bilingual Plant Finance Manager for a permanent full time opportunity.
About our client
Our client, is a global name and one of Canada’s leading manufacturing companies in it’s industry. They hire great people and create superior products delivering excellence in all that they do.
About the role
The Plant Finance Manager will work very closely with and the Plant Manager and Operational Controller be the finance business partner for this plant in the Canadian Operations Leadership Team. More specifically:
About the candidate:
- Coordinate, collaborate, and prepare annual business plans, quarterly forecasts, monthly flashes, and weekly financial pulse – collaborating with FP&A requirements
- Partner with all level of Regional and Plant Management to gather, analyze, and summarize operational financial reports
- Provide financial leadership in productivity / efficiency improvement proposals and any other factory and warehouse studies and analysis.
- Collaborate with the Controllership and FP&A teams to support the financial close process and analyze variances
- Rationalize and optimize the internal financial setup (g/l accounts and cost centers) to align with product lines, manufacturing, and accountability structure
- Management, and control including a perpetual inventory system
- Financial lead in quarterly physical inventory preparation, procedures, and reconciliation – develop tools and recommendation to improve accuracy.
- Collaborate with Controllership Team to prepare and distribute Operations analytics and MD&A.
- Fluent French and English skills (written and spoken) are mandatory
- University Degree – Commerce or Business Admin. CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) is required.
- Minimum 7+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum 3+ years Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience leading and developing a team.
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and SOX (Bill 198) environment
- Experience with Onestream, EPICOR, and SAP will be considered a strong asset. Advanced Excel skills are essential.
This is a growing Industry leader who is offering stability and a great environment. You’ll be working along side some of the best people in the Industry!