Job Title: HVAC Project Engineer
Location: Multiple Locations (Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver)
Our client provides expert design, system selection and equipment supply solutions to contractor partners for project applications within the HVAC space. The focus of this firm is on helping advance low-carbon HVAC solutions in existing and new buildings. As they grow across Canada, new teammates will have the opportunity to accelerate their career in the energy efficiency industry and be actively involved in shaping the future of HVAC through consultation with industry leaders and experts. We will provide an autonomous working experience which allows you to create your own development path and bring your own ideas to life in order to help us grow.
As an HVAC Project Engineer, you will be responsible for providing applications engineering support in order to secure mid-to-large scale commercial and residential projects. Providing the highest level of customer-service to our stakeholders and customers is top priority. You will use various design and engineering tools to create innovative solutions and prepare proposals. As a trusted resource to our stakeholders looking to apply non-traditional HVAC technologies, you will be responsible for delivering technical product information and providing HVAC system recommendations. As part of this role, you will be given the autonomy to work on projects that interest you and you are encouraged to bring forth new ideas, technologies, and business opportunities to help improve and grow the business line.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of innovative HVAC products, systems and their applications;
• Support customer inquiries with technical guidance on HVAC products and installations;
• Create project proposals that effectively communicate the proposed solution, project pricing and features and benefits;
• Conduct heat transfer and ventilation calculations to accurately size and select new HVAC systems for existing buildings;
• Design and select alternative HVAC systems that provide improved performance and long-term energy savings over traditional systems;
• Interpret engineer drawings and complete take-offs/spec conversions and bid package proposals for bid-spec projects;
• Use manufacturer design software to accurately design and select manufacturer specific HVAC solutions;
• Heat pump system energy modelling using tools provided by Natural Resources Canada;
• Troubleshoot and help create solutions for customers when problems arise;
• Build and sustain effective working relationships with key vendor partners, EMCO profit center teammates, HVAC contractor customers and industry partners;
• Manage mid-to-large scale projects and effectively communicate with all stakeholders involved.
• Deliver unique and creative financial solutions/models to help secure large bids;
• Engage with public and private industry stakeholders through tradeshows, webinars, training, and 1-on-1 meetings to examine; market opportunities and create new sales leads.
• Research and provide recommendations on new products, services, programs and market trends to internal and external stakeholders.
• College diploma or University degree in mechanical engineering building science, or HVAC trades;
• Previous experience with or knowledge of air source/ground source/water source/heat pumps, ERV's/HRV's, hydronics, commercial ventilation, VRF systems, or refrigeration systems.
• Outstanding customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Trend and Eclipse,
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail;
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity;
• Must work well independently (with little to no supervision) and in a team setting;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Possess a valid Driver’s License with clean abstract.
• Experience with sales and business development within the HVAC industry is considered an asset.
• Great mentors and on-the-job training;
• Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing;
• A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values;
• Participation in our pension and benefits plan with employer contributions;
• Opportunity to work remotely or from any of our offices across Canada;
• Fun and inclusive work environment;
• Continuous growth: We are committed to training and certifications for our teammates
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas