Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Award Winning Architectural Firm
Project Manager, PMP, Architectural Designer, Architect, Senior Designer, Design Architect, Senior Architect, Designer, Senior Design Architect
TalentSphere has partnered with a well established, mid-sized and very reputable Architecture firm in Vancouver, BC. They are currently looking for a Senior Architectural Designer to join their team.
This firm specializes in commercial, residential, office, retail, hospitality, health & science, public, heritage & master planning projects and has won many awards over the 50+ years they have been in business. This firm offers continuing education and training opportunities in a collaborative office that is committed to making positive change.
Our client is seeking an experienced Registered Architect with 10+ years of experience in design and preparation of construction drawings for either commercial, mixed-use, residential or master planning projects. You will be able to work constructively in team settings and will manage design and documentation, including coordination of consultant documents, building code compliance, and project specifications.
We are looking for a great fit in both personality and technical skills and value positive attitudes, team focus and a willingness to learn. In return for the expertise you bring, you will be given the opportunity to work in a supportive, collaborative environment on a variety of projects and within a well-established architecture firm.
• Must be registered as an Architect with AIBC or eligible for registration in the province of British Columbia
•10+ years of experience in design and preparation of construction drawings for both wood frame and concrete/steel projects
• Responsible for the timely and profitable technical delivery of projects
• Contribute to projects through all phases, with focus on Design Development through close out.
• Lead the production of construction documents
• Oversee building code compliance, project specifications and quality assurance
• Lead internal team of design professionals
• Coordinate with consultants
• Manage multiple assignments
• Liaise with clients and City officials.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in all phases of design with a focus on working drawings and construction administration
• Understanding of combustible / non-combustible construction systems and detailing including
building envelope design
• Strong understanding of building technology with a thorough understanding of construction
detailing of both wood and concrete construction
• Self-directed with the ability to both work in, and lead, project teams, achieving project goals within
• The ability to manage time well and work towards deadlines
• The ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team
• Experience with leading meetings, and coordinating with consultants, contractors and authorities
• Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams
• Understanding of BC Building Code and local by-laws
• Working knowledge of the BCBC and VBBL
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Sketch-up
• Revit proficiency, an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in Canada
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Excellent company with a strong collaborative team and great reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Flexible working environment and company perks
- Amazing company culture with regular team building events and get togethers
- Regular staff recognition, employee awards and annual bonus based on company & individual performance
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Incredible opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership team to develop the company further
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate for this role! Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Architectural Designer, Project Manager, PMP, Technical Designer, Senior Designer, Designer, Architect, Vancouver, British Columbia, Architecture, Senior Architect