Senior Mechanical Engineer
Buildings - Residential/Commercial/Municipal Projects
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, a well established Canadian company with an office in downtown Edmonton, is currently hiring for a Senior Building Mechanical Engineer to join their busy office in Edmonton. This leading consulting firm has a collaborative and dynamic work environment and aim for the highest standard with service delivery.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Department lead, you will be versatile and flexible, able to participate in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems. You will be involved in all aspects of projects, including design, production, client liaison, specifications and site visits.Projects will range in size and complexity, with a focus on building mechanical systems for different types of buildings - mostly commercial, residential and municipal projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Solve problems by use of requisite knowledge and application of building codes, energy codes, and other related standards
- Knowledge of the requirements and the process for building permits applications with Alberta municipalities is preferred.
- Have a strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards applied to design work. Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices is preferred.
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects
- Attend project meetings.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
- Provide support to and mentor junior staff
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineer with registration in a Canadian province or working towards P.Eng in Alberta
- At least 10 years of experience with 5+ years of design experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for buildings in Canada is required.
- Good AutoCAD and Revit skills are preferred
- Solid knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards
- Able to work independently most of the time with out supervision, is absolutely essential
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- LEED® Accredited Professional is preferred but not essential
- The opportunity to join a leading firm in Western Canada
- Excellent compensation package
- Plenty of opportunity for professional development
- Strong leadership team with a hands-on and supportive approach
- Growing and developing firm that offers opportunity to progress your career further
Role is being hired ASAP. Please apply directly.