Facility Distribution Manager
Competitive Salary, Excellent Company
Our client is actively seeking an experienced Facility Distribution Manager in Calgary. This position supervises and coordinates the activities of workers responsible for picking product, repackaging product, shipping and receiving product and other tasks as required to fulfill customer orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 5-10 years’ experience managing a facility/warehouse.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in factory or warehouse related shipping and receiving.
- Basic Mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Basic familiarity with modern business systems including MS Office, Email, and general ERP systems.
- Licensed forklift truck operator or the necessary qualifications to obtain such a license.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with state/province, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements enforcing adherence to best practices; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring best practices for inventory control and order fulfillment.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with Company systems.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; and requesting work orders for repair, requisition, or replacement.
- Ensures all employees are actively following all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Monitors and reports employee hours to comply with payroll requirements and company business needs.
- Communicates with Sales, Production and Management as needed to facilitate the flow of information within the Company and for Customers.
- Facilitates Company billing processes and maintains Company document archives according to Company policies and procedures.
- From time-to-time, the Facility Distribution Manager and staff may be required to work overtime including weekends and holidays as necessary to accommodate customers’ and business needs with proper notification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Competitive Salary
- Stable, growing and supportive company environment
- Structured training and development
Criminal background check will be required