Our client is a highly-regarded electrical wholesaler with a deeply-rooted customer base spanning across Eastern Ontario. Employee engagement and retention is very high within this business, and this is a unique opportunity to join this company as the leader of this important branch. They are currently seeking an experienced Branch Manager to lead from the front, and direct all sales and branch operational activities within their Kingston location.
Our client is looking to identify an effective and highly motivated sales-focused Branch Manager to run their Kingston location. The Branch Manager will be charged with full P&L responsibility for the Branch, and will be expected to deliver the impetus to grow the bottom line for the business through targeted sales activities and unparalleled levels of customer service which the business is known for. This position will be responsible for both sales and operations relating directly to the branch, and will have direct people management responsibilities for 10 experienced members of staff. The Branch Manager will manage a team including both internal and external sales staff, as well as warehouse operations staff such as shipping, receiving, inventory, etc.
The Branch Manager will use their developed commercial skills plus their relationship building abilities to grow the client portfolio, increase penetration to the existing portfolio and spot opportunities for improvement and continued growth. Whilst the role requires a strong financial / commercial grounding, this role will best suit an experienced Branch Manager with a strong track record as sales-focused Branch Manager or Sales Manager. The Branch Manager will be expected to "lead from the front" in terms of client facing engagement, and should understand the wholesale electrical trade supply industry very well.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Provide direction, training, coaching and leadership to approximately ten (10) branch employees.
- Manage the overall operations of the branch ensuring customer service levels are met and exceeded.
- Cultivate and manage key business relationships within assigned territory.
- Plan and organize branch activities to fulfill sales, gross profit targets and company objectives.
- Create and maintain strategic alliances with vendors.
- Work as a member of the collective team and share successes, learning experiences and failures as a group.
- Previous experience working as either a Branch Manager or Sales Manager within an electrical trade supplier, manufacturer, or directly related. Electrical experience and knowledge is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build a successful team
- Possesses exceptional customer service and relationships building skills
- Superb problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills and abilities.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual who is looking to be part of a successful, progressive, Canadian organization, to make an impact on their continued future success.
$Competitive compensation plan includes; base, bonus, benefits. Work life balance.
Relocation assistance provided if moving from outside the territory.