Software Development Manager
Calgary, AB - Remote arrangements available
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Talentsphere is currently recruiting for a Software Development Manager for our global client that prides themselves on culture, has a forward thinking leadership team and creates innovative products that help the world!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Software Development Manager will lead a team of developers in an agile development environment in developing next generation software. The manager will be actively designing and developing various components of the software including front-end web application and back-end server functionalities. The development manager will be responsible for driving the performance and quality of software development team. The manager will work with other software development teams, product managers and quality assurance teams on critical decision making. This role requires balancing between project delivery, building a sustainable and scalable codebase, and fostering a culture of collaboration, pride, and creativity.
- Lead a team of developers in designing, developing, and maintaining desktop/web application and framework for medical software
- Ensure high quality of work delivered by developers and perform code reviews
- Drive the development progress of our next-gen desktop/web application
- Mentor developers in their technical and professional decision-making based on business and product needs
- Manage direct reports distributed across agile teams
- Evaluate performance of senior and junior developers, and provide constructive feedback
- Identify and communicate product and project risks, and provide constructive feedback to director
- Work collaboratively with other software development leads on interdependent projects requiring expertise from different development fields and technology stacks.
- Contribute to the architectural design of our next-gen desktop/web application, in close collaboration with software architects
- Work closely and effectively with product managers, quality assurance analysts, and regulatory team to ensure development of quality software
This candidate will have the following aspects
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in leading a team of developers in desktop/web application development
- 5+ years of industry experience in desktop/web development
- Experience with REST API design
- Experience in working with databases
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience in GUI development, client-server architecture, and/or visualization
- Experience in C++ development
- Experience in Qt framework or QML
- Experience with software architecture and design (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with DICOM
- Experience in the medical imaging software industry in general
- Strong group of professionals, rapidly growing industry leader with advancement opportunity
- Work in an R&D environment and see your work make an impact directly
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity! Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas