Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture and Design Firm
Other Titles: Architectural Technician, Design Technician, Revit Operator, Technologist, Building Technologist, Drafter, Architect, Intermediate Technologist, Intermediate Technologist
A sustainable design oriented Architecture firm in Calgary, is hiring for an experienced Senior Architectural Technologist to join their collaborative team. This company is well established with projects that span across many sectors including commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, mixed use, residential, public, emergency services, retail, seniors living and sports and recreation.
The ideal applicant will lead teams of technologists in the production of detailed contract documents (for large and/or technically complex projects), including drawings and specifications, within a team environment. The technologist role focuses on building sciences including design, building/construction codes, coordination and integration of building systems (mechanical, electrical and structural) and materials and methods of construction. The individual will provide expertise in the production of high quality construction documentation and technical innovation, and will fulfill a role that is crucial to the overall success of the firm. This senior role provides leadership and direction to team members to develop in-house expertise and efficiencies of our work. Able to manage time and schedules to meet project deadlines. Self-motivated and able to develop a well-coordinated set of contract documents.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Proficiency in Revit is required
- Advanced knowledge of Building and Energy Codes
- Strong understanding of construction specifications
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- LEED AP or LEED project experience is an asset
- Architectural Technology diploma
- Engineering Design and Drafting diploma and/or Autodesk Revit training certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited school or Architectural Technology Program
- Training in architectural technology, building technical design and construction
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the design/architectural/engineering industry
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Architectural Technologist, Architectural Technician, Design Technician, Revit Operator, Technologist, Calgary, Alberta, Cochrane, Chestermere, Airdrie, Okotoks, Drafter