Comprehensive Compensation Package
10+ Years of Experience as an ICI Site Superintendent
Career for the Better.
OUR CLIENT is a proactive Construction and Design Management firm that takes a holistic approach to the building process. From inception to occupancy, the strength and transparency of the integrated process develops smarter teams that deliver a better build, every time. We are looking for new team members that want to change the way buildings are designed and constructed.
They are proud to have been named as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2021 and they strive to employ highly skilled individuals who both exemplify and live out our Core Values. If you want to be a part of this exciting organization, then this could be an opportunity for you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned General Superintendent who will provide consistency and key management to the construction team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Construction, you will develop best practices, evaluate effectiveness of site protocol, manage loss prevention, and ensure all sites are operated as safely, effectively, and efficiently as possible, while developing and enhancing standard operating procedures. This role will provide representation of the collective objectives of the site Supervisory staff and act as a mentor, ensuring the consistent application of processes and methodologies across all projects.
As a General Superintendent, you will play a key role in our success as you:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate our company’s Core Values and Leadership Drivers
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to the site construction team members
- Review and recommend ways to optimize site processes and bring consistency to site operations across all sites while continually enhancing standard operating procedures
- Ensure all site processes fully adhere to Health and Safety standards and procedures, including orientation, on-going monitoring, record keeping and enforcement, in line with company policy and Ministry guidelines
- Develop and manage loss prevention process for all sites
- Provide clear, detailed, and effective written and oral communication to team members, clients, authorities, and all other project stakeholders
- Provide leadership and mentoring for the construction teams
- Manage various site construction schedules and work with master schedule format that identifies all project milestones throughout a project life cycle, including design development and approval timelines, lead times, shop drawings, inspections, and completions
- Oversee manpower planning for all job sites; work with project managers to ensure optimization of manpower across all projects
- Identify staffing requirements for field construction management team positions and work with People and Culture department, along with the Vice President, Construction to fill positions or adjust staffing to suit projected work volumes and cash flow
- Participate in work volume forecasting with the Vice President, Construction and Finance department
- Set standard for collaborative working relationships among team members, other departments, project teams, owners, consultants, and authorities
- Consult with the Vice President, Construction and project managers to provide assistance and input on project risks, issues and conflicts
- Provide interim site supervisory coverage where and when needed (where Site Supervisor is away)
- Carry out additional tasks as may be assigned by the Vice President, Construction from time to time
As a General Superintendent
, you will apply your:
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values and Leadership Drivers
- Minimum 10 years of experience in ICI projects, with a minimum of 8 years in a supervisory role; Engineering or Architectural Degree is an asset
- Ability to travel to a variety of job sites
- Valid Class G driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Proven knowledge of construction technology, documentation, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures
- Good understanding of construction scheduling, cost control, quality control, and excellent ability to supervise and direct groups of trades and personnel
- Strong knowledge of construction site operations including Occupational Health and Safety compliance
- Proven leadership and problem-solving capabilities and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of the project management team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy an asset – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, Procore
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas