Our client, a dominant player in the building materials industry, is currently seeking an Operations Manager.
This person will be responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the organization's facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Operations Manager will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
Being responsible for the full spectrum of customer service activities and logistics support, this fast-paced role requires someone who is diplomatic with a strong customer service focus, who will also act decisively and independently to resolve/escalate issues. This role also requires strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and the ability to react quickly to inventory and transportation demands.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of warehouse(s).
- Ensure all orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Take into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
- Manage an annual budget or capital investment plan for warehousing functions across the organization.
- Develop and/or enforce policies regarding security and safety to maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Manage a team of warehouse employees, including hiring, delegation, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Assess the need for, and arrange the purchase of, moving equipment like trailers, forklifts, crash pads, and dollies.
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
- Implement and monitor performance metrics for shipping and receiving.
- Manage facility design, improvements, and contracts, including real estate transactions, leases, repairs, and design.
- University degree in business, with a focus on manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct work experience in a warehouse function or supply chain position, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management in the building materials industry.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Familiar with enterprise-level track-and-trace systems, as well as implementation experience.
- Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI) may be required.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems, as well as Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions
- Solid project management skills are essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Solid financial and business awareness
- Strong verbal skills with the ability to deliver presentations to management
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas