: General Accountant
Construction and Real Estate Development
IN -OFFICE downtown Toronto area
$70,000 -$75,000 plus benefits and an excellent environment
Our client is a successful and well established family run business in the construction and real estate sector. They are looking for an experienced General Accountant to assist with full cycle general accounting duties.
About the role:
This individual must demonstrate high standards of professionalism, integrity, and discretion. You will be able to multi-task, wear many hats and love variety in your day to day work. You will provide support as needed and directed and will frequently have interactions with other company leaders, staff, contractors, vendors, and customers.
Responsibilities would include:
- Full cycle accounting duties including A/R, A/P, Journal Entries, Reporting, Commercial and Residential Leases,
- Review, monitor receivables and prepare chargebacks on a timely basis
- Prepare check runs, maintain documents and vendor correspondence files,
- Bank, credit card and various accounts reconciliations,
- Monthly monitoring and reconciling of loan and trust accounts balances,
- Monthly HST reports and other government filings,
- Record revenue and expense accruals, depreciation and amortization journal entries,
- Month end close and financial statement preparation,
- Assist Senior Accountant with various financial analysis reporting and other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Accounting or Finance Degree, Diploma or equivalent post secondary education
- Minimum 7+ year of experience in full cycle Accounting position preferably within the construction or real estate development industry
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, are mature, professional, reliable and looking for long term stability.
- You have the ability to work independently but also work effectively in a team environment
This is an amazing opportunity to work for an established and reputable company in a professional setting offering long term stability. Work with a great company, in a great environment and with GREAT people!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas