Remote Position – Canadian based candidates
Our client is looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join their growing team for the development and deployment of ETL processes, Data management, Data Warehousing. This role will be responsible for the development and deployment of ETL processes, Data management, Data Warehousing to improve, optimize and lead further development of their data aggregation processes. You’ll bring a deep understanding of big data and will help to build and enable big data analytics solutions. The ideal candidate is innovative, collaborative, determined and takes great pride in their work.
The ideal Candidate:
- Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics
- Work with stakeholders including Analytics, Product, and Design teams to assist with data related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Engineer solutions for large data storage, management, and curation of training data models.
- Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities.
- Act as an internal expert in each of the data sources so that you can own overall data quality.
- Design, build and deploy new data models, ETL pipelines into production and data warehouse.
- Define and manage overall schedule and availability of all data sets.
- Process, cleanse, verify and work with data from multiple sources
- Work with the data science team to access and understand internal and external data sources
- Develop algorithms and build models to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with solution engineers to integrate pipelines into our proprietary applications
- Bring your great ideas for new products and features to the team
- Masters or BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ Years experience with Data gathering, Data pipelining, Data Standardization, Data Cleansing, Stitching aspects
- Some experience with cloud: AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Proficiency in a major programming language (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (scala/php/python)
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with a dedication to analyzing data to identify deliverables, anomalies, and gaps and propose solutions to address these findings
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of relational or non-relational databases
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), organizational, and trouble-shooting skills.
- A preference for candidates located in Calgary, Winnipeg, GTA, Hamilton but open to Canada wide applications
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas