Site Superintendent Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Project Manager, develop and maintain master project schedule with input from subcontractors
- Assess commissioning and O&M requirements for master project schedule.
- Develop Health, Safety and Environment Plan.
- Review contracts with the Project Manager to ensure scope of work and schedules are accurate and feasible.
- Notify Equipment Management Team of requirements for project.
- Assist with selection of trade subcontractors.
- Conduct constructability reviews to bring value to the construction execution stage.
- Plan, organize, direct and control daily construction operations with direct leadership responsibilities for junior resources as assigned.
- Fully understand the Master Contract and Subcontractor Contracts.
- Develop and measure productivity on site to measure planned progress against actual.
- Control site logistics, maximize efficiencies, minimize deficiencies of all work including all subcontractors, suppliers and employees.
- Establish site for construction.
- Maintain daily and ongoing reporting to track site progress.
- Maintain a clean and organized site.
- Execute the quality management program proactively to minimize deficiencies.
- Approve timesheets.
- Hold daily field level hazard assessments.
- Hold weekly toolbox talks.
- Conduct weekly subcontract progress meetings and hold everyone on site accountable to the Master Project Schedule.
- Purchase, maintain, track and forecast materials.
- Review all subcontractor submittals.
- Support the development of commissioning and turn over plans.
- Fix deficiencies in line with achieving total completion date.
- Manage risk during the project by following the Risk Management Plan.
- Communicate daily with the Project Manager and project team on the status of construction including any concerns or discrepancies that may require escalation.
- Attend owner meetings throughout the project.
- Manage, control, and record all permit requirements, third party inspections, commissioning, training and hand over.
- Communicate with the office to manage administrative tasks.
- Responsible to ensure all on site contractually required items are implemented and completed.
- Champion health and safety and occupational practices and regulations.
- Provide cost-effective solutions to construction issues and coordinate with the Project Manager.
Post Construction Management
Site Superintendent Qualifications:
- Complete warranty work.
- Close all site accounts.
- Complete any deficiencies and issues related to the warranty period.
- Demobilize site.
Site Superintendent Salary:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in construction management, engineering, or another relevant field preferred
- Certification of First Aid/CPR, WHMIS
- Possess valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry, preferably Commercial construction management
- Strong familiarity with contract administration, understanding drawings, specifications, architectural and engineering standards and building practices, including building codes
- Full understanding of mechanical and electrical installations, including commissioning and handover
- Excellent budgeting, costing, and scheduling skills
- Solid understanding of construction industry practices, OBC, OHSA and WCB regulations and safety standards, OHS Certificate
- Experience using MS Word, Outlook, MS Project, Electronic Document Management System, Bluebeam, and Plan Grid
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing all disciplines, internal employees, and external sub-trades
- Ability to inspire trust in difficult situations by instilling confidence and engaging people on matters that affect them
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges
- Works within tight deadlines and prioritizes of work to achieve them
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through speaking to groups of employees on site, and communicating to a variety of stakeholders including clients, management, and site employees
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in challenging, fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel to site will be required; travel within Canada as directed
- Ability to relocate to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to Company resource requirements an asset
- Supportive of a culture that encompasses the highest ethical standards aligned with the Company Promise
Competitive Salary, Extended Benefits, Growth Opportunities, Flexible work environment, Continuous training and development, Match RRSP Program, Birthday off with pay
Site Superintendent Similar Job Titles:
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas