Our client is a leading Commercial Builder located in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, as a Project Coordinator will be responsible for all administrative tasks required to bring projects to completion in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will provide technical and administrative support to Projects and Operations with an emphasis on coordinating activities and resources, planning, scheduling, budgeting, reporting, monitoring progress, and dealing with project changes. You will be involved in multiple projects in what is a fast paced and busy environment so the ability to multi-task and deal with multiple stakeholders is essential. This is a unique opportunity to be mentored directly by the VP, Operations and positioned for growth within the organization.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
Coordinating and overseeing all matters of document control for the construction team as it relates to contracts, specifications, budgets, PO's and change orders and construction drawings, developing and managing schedules, tracking costs, submitting and acquiring permits, communicating between office and site, lead and coordinate smaller projects, cost monitoring, attending meetings and more!!
Project Coordinator Qualifications:
- Manage and track all changes
- Responsible for Change Orders
- Generate and log Purchase Orders, RFIs, CORs etc.
- Prepare and generate various documents for and maintain project files
- Assist with all communication with project stakeholders including subtrades, consultants and clients
- Work with Project Managers to correctly process shop drawings and other project and closeout documents
- Attend project meetings, take clear minutes, and distribute with efficiency
- Prepare invoice and progress draw to the issued in conjunction with Project Managers
- Prepare documentation from start to finish taking ownership and implementing measures to ensure accuracy
Project Coordinator Salary:
- 3-5 years in Residential OR Commercial Project Coordination supporting PM's and/or VP Construction
- A desire to learn the Commercial Construction industry if you only have Residential experience
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- First class communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A professional, hard working and willing attitude
- You must be an AMBITIOUS Project Coordinator - somebody who is wanting and willing to expand their skill set and eventually become a Project Manager
- A degree or diploma in a construction related field (ideal)
- PMP designation or working towards (ideal)
- Familiarity with construction methods and building codes
- Proficient in MS Project, word and excel and visio
- A drivers license
- Able to work in a team environment and independently when required
Competitive Salary, Extended Benefits, Growth Opportunities, Flexible work environment, Continuous training and development, Match RRSP Program, Birthday off with pay
Project Coordinator Similar Positions:
Junior Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Project Management Assistant
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.