BODY/STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING MANAGER - ELECTRIC VEHICLES
Our client is offering an incredible opportunity to join their Engineering leadership team, working on innovative and purpose built new Automotive projects.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
As an exciting and rapidly growing company, who is driving innovation in the Automotive industry, our client is offering an opportunity to help them revolutionize the electric vehicle industry. Our client is manufacturing purpose built and fun products to the world, offering environmentally and fun solutions.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In this role you will support and interface with Senior Leadership, responsible for Managing & Mentoring a team of engineers and the associated goals related to Structural (BIW), exterior and interior components. The focus being on structures and dynamics, including load/strain analysis, vibration and stability.
- Ensure that body structures (exterior & interior) meet internal quality standards and external regulatory compliance standards.
- Design & conduct in-house simulations to perform structural and durability analysis.
- Collaborate with vehicle design and engineering teams (CAE) to propose and discuss potential modifications and optimizations to vehicle body, and ensure that exterior structure changes are communicated effectively.
- Lead system and vehicle level verification and validation activities inclusive of DVP&R and DFMEA’s.
- Plans, conducts and manages reports on vehicle testing – focused on structures and dynamics. Including: load/strain, vibration, stability and structural testing performed within the organization..
- Work effectively with the internal engineers and external suppliers to collect material property information. Support supplier product development for current & future projects.
- Engineer body structures (exterior & interior) that meet internal quality standards and external regulatory compliance standards.
- Actively participate in the development and continuous improvement of operating procedures related to vehicle body and structural capabilities.
- Display dedication, time management, cadence and effectively elevates their team when needed
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline)
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation is considered an asset.
- 8+ plus years of automotive experience is required for this role.
- 3-5 years of technical design experience in automotive body structures is required for this role.
- Experience with key development tools such as APQP, DFMEA, DFM are considered an asset for this role.
- High Level of Computer Literacy (including spreadsheets).
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills – builds effective relationships across departments.
- Team player – exhibits great leadership and coaching skills.
- Innovative and creative – loves building in the abstract and working without procedures.
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements. Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their importance to team members.
- Legally able to work in the United States of America.
- Strong group of professionals with a rapidly growing industry leader
- Work in an R&D environment and see your work make an impact directly
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan, other allowances (travel), company stock
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity! Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas