A respected General Contractor in the Ottawa
area with 4 decades of experience delivering civil & industrial projects from roads, bridges, sewage & water facilities and salt Storage facilities.
Our client is currently currently seeking an experienced Foreman, Sewer and Water
to help in our continued growth and success.
They offer competitive salaries, RRSP, company vehicle, and group benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees; and supervising sub-contractors.
- Delegating tasks to team members and holding them accountable
- Meets construction work standards by following production, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Assist Superintendent in creating short-term schedules, and monitors such schedules
- Plans construction projects by studying technical specifications and drawing; ordering and scheduling materials and equipment.
- Inspecting work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting shared ownership and responsibility for each project; and exploring opportunities to add value to each project
- Represent company in meetings with clients, contractors, inspectors, etc. as required.
- Participation in daily and weekly update meetings
- Support maintenance of accurate As-Built drawings
- Evaluate worker's abilities
- Maintain an exemplary safety record; knowledge of safety procedures; and knowledgeable of the hazards specific to each job.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with team members, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Generating daily work sheets with cost codes and recording quantities
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; becoming aware of state-of-the-art practices.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Sewer and Water Foreman in heavy civil construction
- Ability to work unsupervised and lead work crews
- Ability to work out of town if and when required
- Coordination with subcontractors, suppliers and owners
- Familiarity with MTO contracts and OPSS specs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.00-$38.00 per hour