Construction Contract Administrator
Architecture and Design Firm
Vancouver, British Columbia
Competitive salary + Benefits Package
Other titles: Contract Administrator, Technical Specialist, Contracts Manager, Construction Administration Coordinator
Our client, a reputable architectural, design and planning firm, is looking for a senior Construction Contract Administrator to join their busy team in Vancouver. This firm are a collaborative firm and boast an impressive portfolio of work across Western Canada.
Reporting to the senior partners, the Contract Administrator and Technical specialist will be working primarily as the site representative and will work in collaboration with construction managers, owners representatives, general contractors and their sub-trades. In addition to administrating change control procedures, contract administration methodologies and policy development, you will ensure that projects adhere to the contract documents and the building and safety codes.
You will prepare project manuals, tender documents and work with technical specifications for large architectural projects. Other components of this role will be reviewing and amending shop drawings, revising contracts and working with site instructions and RFIs to ensure projects run smoothly and to schedule.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- You must have 6+ years of experience in the preparation and administration of contract documents and at least 3 years experience working in a construction related capacity (technologist, project manager, construction supervisor etc.) on a range of projects within an Architecture firm
- Education in Architectural Technology or related Architecture / Construction Education
- Proficiency with the various forms of the Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC).
- Possess a thorough understanding or architectural specification and its application as an instrument of contract administration.
- Capable reviewing drawings and making changes to drawings compiled in Revit.
An exciting opportunity awaits the successful candidate, including a competitive base salary and an extensive range of benefits. The opportunity to work for an excellent, reputable firm that offers staff flexibility, opportunity for growth and professional development, and a top senior management team.
WHAT TO DO NOW
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you and you are currently in or can relocate to Vancouver, B.C, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Vancouver, British Columbia, Contract Administrator, Construction Contractor Administrator, Architecture, Design, Technical Specialist, Burnaby, Coquitlam, B.C