About the Position
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions has recently partnered with one of the most trusted names in the HVAC space, and are introducing a variety of exciting Mechanical product lines in British Columbia. Our client is a manufacturer and distributor of Air Distribution & Mechanical products. They are looking to bring an Engineering Sales Rep to their team
This Engineering Salesperson must be able to service the needs of the engineering community by understanding, engineering, and detailing the selection of components, systems, and solutions for HVAC designs. Good communication skills, self-motivation, and a desire to learn will be required. Flexibility to deal with changing priorities and the ability to reliably respond in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all industry stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Contractors, Developers, Owners etc.), to grow sales and expand market share in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Maintain a presence in the engineering community. The goal is to have products specified, or listed as an equal, on all projects.
- Understand client’s needs and provide appropriate technical solutions to achieve satisfaction/design intent
- Understand, and remain current with, both industry and local codes and regulations, and market trends, to ensure we comply and can exploit opportunities.
- Provide outstanding customer service, with a Customer First approach to business
- Want to continuously learn and grow
- Self-educate, and attend manufacturer’s factory / training visits, to ensure you are constantly up to date on the latest product developments and software tools. (Some travel will be involved when we are able to safely do so)
- Build sustainable customer relationships and trust with customer’s account through open communication
- Cross train on both mechanical products and air-side products, so as to be able to identify opportunity for other represented products.
- Be a member of ASHRAE and attend monthly ASHRAE meetings.
- Carry out Lunch and Learn (or similar) presentations when requested to do so.
- Assist with planning and implementing new product introductions to the market.
- Attend all divisional and office meetings
- Attend any industry related events as required. (SMACNA, MCA, VRCA)
- Assist in all customer events as required. This could be open houses, sporting events, lunches, etc.
- Perform other duties assigned by your manager.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a mechanical engineering environment. Design experience preferred but not required.
- University degree or College diploma in Mechanical Engineering specialization required.
- EIT Classification is an asset
- Ability to read Architectural and Mechanical drawings with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are Self-Motivated, Creative and Resourceful
- Ready to bring positivity, energy and enthusiasm into the workplace
- Professional approach to business and the workplace
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure unsupervised
- Strong work ethic guided by personal integrity and mutual respect
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas