Intermediate / Senior Architect, AIBC
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Relocate to beautiful Vancouver Island in B.C
Architecture & Design Firm
Other titles: Project Architect, Design Architect, Registered Architect, Project Manager, Architect
We are proud to be partnering with a well established architecture firm in Victoria as they search for a skilled and registered Architect to join their busy office. Specializing in sustainably designed projects across a range of sectors, this firm boasts an impressive portfolio of work and fosters a collaborative and progressive work environment. This firm are open to the right candidate relocating from other provinces, provided you are eligible in time for registration as an Architect with AIBC. Located on beautiful Vancouver Island, the staff enjoy a good work life balance with ample opportunity for professional growth and development.
As a registered architect or eligible to become registered soon with the AIBC, you will be involved in the following:
• Work energetically with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
• Work with establishing, maintaining, and adherence to project budget and schedule.
• Supervises the preparation of technical drawings by other less experienced architects or professionals.
• Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
• Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and Best Practice standards.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff
• Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
• Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
• Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
• Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
• Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
• Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout the project.
You will be assisting and working with all phases of a project, across a range of project types (commercial, residential, woodframe, public, insitutional etc.). You will be able to work on everything from schematic design through to construction phases but also assisting plans elevations, details and drawings. You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, all the time being a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives. You will have strong design skills and creative ideas to come up with unique solutions for projects, liaising with clients and various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
WHAT TO DO NOW
- 8 - 15 years of experience as an Architect or eligible to be registered with the AIBC
- You will ideally have a range of project experience including some public or institutional work as well as commercial and residential / mixed use
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential
- At least 5 years of Canadian experience within an Architecture firm
- Strong knowledge of building code and bylaws
- Excellent Revit skills, a strong sense of design
- Strong sense of work ethic, honest and have a collaborative approach
This is a confidential role. If you're interested in this Architect role and are able to relocate to Victoria in British Columbia to work, then click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted. To discuss the opportunity with a consultant, call Laura Shalev on 5873337929 ext 712. Please email your resume before calling; email@example.com
Keywords: Architect, AIBC Architect, Design Architect, British Columbia, Victoria, Toronto, Project Manager, Designer, Lead Architect, Intermediate Architect, BC, Licensed Architect, Project Architect, B.C, ON, Toronto, GTA, Ontario