5 + years experience
Preferred experience to be in manufacturing
Very Attractive Base Salary + Benefits + RRSP matching program + Vacation
Our client, a leading furniture manufacturing business located in Toronto, ON, are looking for a Talented General Accountant (65-75k) who is responsible for the main responsibilities listed below.
We are looking for a candidate to have an open mind to work on projects outside of the responsibilities listed. This is a medium sized business who work together as a large team to hit their goals. This is a very strong team based business with a strong culture and collaborative team environment. The VP of Finance is looking to hire a candidate who is reliable, dependable and has the willingness to work outside the box. There will be other projects the VP of Finance would like to include the selected candidate in so the right attitude is a key factor when applying to this position.
If you have 5 + years of General Accounting experience in Manufacturing (PLEASE SEE BELOW)
this could be your next great move. The company is known for growth and promoting within with skilled tenured employees. They distribute to all the major high-end furniture retailers in Canada and USA.
They have fantastic leadership and are very strong mentors who are looking for the same characteristics for in the selected candidate.
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry and always put their customers first.
The chosen candidate will have strong experience with all of the below bullet points ,
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Daily sales invoicing ensuring accuracy and completeness including POD back ups
- Weekly/Monthly sales reporting as per company formats
- Payroll & ERP implementation
- Management of customer accounts
- Management of customer credit limits and Credit releases
- Customer collections and overdue balances management including full accounting
- Issuance of credit notes based on authorizations
- Accounting of sales commissions, rebates, royalties etc.
- Full reporting, filing and accounting of HST returns
- Full Bi-Weekly Payroll Cycle (ADP) preparation and accounting
- Annual EHT, WSIB account reconciliations
- Accounting for payroll, Government remittances, company pension plans
- Accounting for bank transactions
- Bank Reconciliations
- Weekly bank balance reporting
- Accounting and month end closings for group companies in QuickBooks
- Assistance with Year end Audits
- Responding to Management Queries
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 5 -10 years of relevant experience in a similar role with experience in handling of customer accounts, credit controls, banking and payroll (preferred)
- Excellent Analytical, Accounting, Organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong system skills to work using Accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge and Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Designated Certified Public Accountant / Equivalent or Candidate