SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Engineering & Design
Open to candidates willing to relocate
An opening exists for a Senior Landscape Architect to join a leading, full spectrum multi-disciplinary engineering firm located in beautiful Collingwood, Ontario, right on lake Huron. This dynamic firm have a strong reputation in the industry and provide Landscape Architecture and Engineering services for a broad range of clients across Ontario. With a focus in excellent service delivery, the company has built a collaborative group of individuals who are passionate about good Engineering and Landscape Architecture and the spaces they create.
The Senior Landscape Architect will have excellent experience working on Canadian based projects in the urban design, land development and open space sector. This role will focus on designing and creating the best projects locally and throughout the Ontario. This individual will lead and mentor teams and assist in developing projects from inception to completion. Working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams within the company, this Senior Landscape Architect will need to manage coordination between Engineers and the Landscape Architecture department as the projects develop, ensuring excellent service delivery to clients.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Work with Senior Partners to identify project requirements and collaborate with project teams and Project managers
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and company stakeholders
- Prepare project proposals, schedules, reports and coordinate with Project managers to create project timelines
- Work on all aspect of projects from proposal creation to concept design creation, working drawings production, contract documents/administration, presentations, reports, project management and stakeholder liaison
- Oversee the preparation of landscape architectural designs, technical reports and submissions to support projects through various municipal and provincial approvals
- Manage and mentor junior staff and project teams
- Assist with quality control in conjunction with the partners
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Possess a Master's degree in Landscape Architecture/Planning
- 15+ years' experience working with a progressive and dynamic Engineer, Architecture or Design firm, with at least 8+ years coming from within Canada
- Excellent knowledge of designing for private sector projects (ideally within land development)
- Portfolio of projects and designs within Canada that highlight strong design and technical skills
- Experience working with technical programs like Vectorworks, AuotCAD and Revit are assets
- Some experience assisting or mentoring junior staff
- Strong client liaison and presentation skills - excellent communication skills are essential
- Detailed approach to project management with high attention to detail and a commitment to meeting budgets and timelines
- Good sense of aesthetics and design, creative approach to projects
- Excellent company with a strong collaborative team and a great reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to develop and progress your career further into senior leadership
- Work in a beautiful location near to the countryside and on Lake Huron
- Firm is open to candidates wanting to relocate
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity! We thank all candidates for their application, however, only those who meet the requirements above will be contacted.
Keywords: Landscape Architect, Senior Landscape Architect, Collingwood, Ontario, Lake Huron, Landscape Design Architect, GTA, Barrie, Lake Simcoe, Markdale, Creemore, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Designer, ON, Toronto, Newmarket, Kawartha Lakes.