North York, ON
Our client is a construction management firm who holds building a green future as their motto and core focus. They are focused on adaptive re-use, urban infill and general green building practices including green roofing, solar PV, high efficiency heating and cooling, passive design and net zero energy buildings. They offer a full complement of services including general contracting, project management and construction management.
Unique to our client is their work environment. They strive to create an environment conducive to creativity and collaboration and each individual is encouraged to enjoy the atmosphere of success.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for the execution and successful management of projects. LEED accreditation is a strong asset. The successful candidate will oversee multiple projects of varying size and complexity and will be responsible for ensuring that each is completed on time and on budget. They will work with clients, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers to successfully manage every renovation project. Responsibilities will include:
- Co-operate fully with the Site Super to plan a construction project and prepare a schedule
- Work closely with the Architect to process any changes and to ensure there are no delays
- Process the contract drawings and specifications and make sure the building is built in accordance with these documents
- Ensure the project is in a positive cash flow position and prepare Project Manager reports accurately and in a timely fashion
- Conduct regular project meetings
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate billings for Owners, and ensure timely payment of subcontractor billings.
- Monitor in conjunction with the Project Superintendent, a project’s material and labour costs and ensure accurate quality reporting is being conducted.
- Be able to read, interpret, analyze and forecast a project’s cost reports and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and costing
- Be aware of unit costs and monitor and compare daily progress on site with that of the project’s estimate. This will be done in conjunction with the Site Superintendent.
- Be able to coordinate, manage and communicate with all subcontractors and effectively deal with such problems as delivery, labour, schedule and payment disputes
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have
- A degree or diploma in a construction related discipline
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager focused on midrise and high-rise residential
- LEED accreditation
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Natural leadership ability and a history of successfully managing project teams
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- A focus on the big picture with the ability to manage details in order of priority
- An ability to see and deal with potential problems before they escalate
- A desire to enjoy your career and strive for constant improvement
Why work here?
- A competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits
- Room to develop and grow your career with a dynamic organization
Thank you for your interest. This role is being hired to start immediately so please submit your resume ASAP.
Construction Project Manager