Vancouver, British Columbia
Other titles: Ground Water Engineer / Hydrogeologists
Our client, a leading multi-disciplinary firm in B.C, is currently looking for a talented Senior Hydrogeologist to join their Vancouver office. This firm have been recognized as a leading employer and have a collaborative, dedicated and people-focused work environment.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide senior technical support to hydrogeologists and leading baselines studies in a variety of projects, including water sourcing, hydrogeological assessments, groundwater sustainability, environmental impact assessments
- Inspect water supply systems
- Review and have input into studies for engineering design of mine facilities, such as seepage analyses and estimating groundwater inflows to open pits and underground mines
- Design field programs
- Providing general input to mine water management
- Designing dewatering systems to support construction of dams, open pits, and underground mines
- Geotechnical studies including reviewing groundwater data
- Guiding numerical groundwater modelling studies
- Work directly with clients and stakeholders, building relationships and developing business opportunities
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Registration or eligible for registration as a Professional Geoscientist or Engineer with EGBC.
- Possess a graduate degree with a specialization in Hydrogeology
- Committed, collaborative and team focused attitude. Our client is looking for a long term fit and someone with integrity who loves coming to work and being part of a thriving team.
- Flexibility - ability to work on many different tasks and projects, sometimes simultaneously, including a balance of site work/visits and project management in the office
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required, with at least 3 years of experience working in hydrogeology in the mining industry.
- Strong communication skills; desire to learn and grow
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click apply now. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who meet the criteria above will be contacted.