Health and Safety Advisor
- Great Company, well established and growing!
- Competitive Compensation, Benefits plus perks!
- Manufacturing multi-site plant facilities (Industrial).
Our client is a leader in the development and manufacturing of essential components for high-rise condominiums, office buildings and hotel construction, across North America.
Working in a team and reporting to the Senior Manager of Safety you will play a crucial role within the Safety Team. You will need to be a people person who can competently engage with stakeholders including plant supervisors and managers. You will should have a high attention to detail regarding safety standards and be able to hold your ground on safety issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Health and Safety Compliance
- Plant visits with employees, sub-contracts
- Completion of plant safety reports
- Inspections of plant/facilities and make recommendations regarding hazard reductions and preventative measures
- Incident and accident investigations - determine cause and implement Safe Work Procedures
- Report back to management regularly regarding any plant safety related issues, include general status updates
- Escalate significant safety issues to management and take part in follow-up action
- Organize annual inspections of equipment (e.g. forklift, crane, etc) as well as annual fire inspection
- Schedule and organize training (e.g. scissor lift, boom lift, first aid, fall protection)
- Deliver H&S training including orientation
- Provide support to the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Manage WSIB process and status
- Maintain safety statistic and reporting
- Other Safety initiatives across the organisation
To be successful in this position you should be a natural problem solver with autonomous capabilities. The position is fast paced and forever changing.
- 3-5+ years in Health and Safety - Manufacturing Plants, Multi-site. Industrial.
- Relevant qualifications Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Computer literacy
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
This position requires some local travel in the Vaughan area. A car allowance will be provided.
Ready to apply? Our client is ready to hire!
Job Poster: Peter Humphrey
Job ID# 13680407