Business Development Manager
Vancouver, Richmond, BC
Main targeted trade lanes are Asia & Europe
Min 3-5 years experience
$65-$80k Base Salary
Very Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits (medical & dental) + Car allowance + Gas + 3 weeks vacation + RRSP + Commission plan NOT CAPPED ! You can sell anywhere in Canada.
Our client, a full service Transportation & Logistics business unit located in Richmond, BC are looking for a Business Development Manager (65-80k)
to drive lead and manage the New Business Development for Asia and European Trade Lanes
. They are arguably one of the oldest Global Logistics brands out there with a very strong name and presence in the industry. You will have the support to grow you business.
Our client is a leader in their industry with a well established image among their client base and competition. Their culture is one that respects and values their employees and always leads by example to promote and grow from previous years. This would include managing the new business from their Richmond location and are looking for a candidate with a Logistics sales background to drive the business forward. Strong values and ethics within the organization has allowed them to prosper year after year. This is a fantastic company to work for with a senior leadership team that will mentor you through your career with them.
Our client offers full logistics solutions ranging from;
Air & Sea
The main function of this position will be to plan and carry out direct sales activities to attain new accounts in accordance with agreed sales and business plans. Work with Branch Manager and Vice President of Sales to grow revenue and exceed targets by promoting and selling our business, and driving sales activity through a designated territory but can sell anywhere in Canada. This position will require regular travel outside of the place of business.
Sales and Business Development
- Develop new and prospective customers while maintaining existing accounts
- Build & maintain long term relationships with new clients & ensure high level of client satisfaction
- Assist Vice President of Sales & Branch Managers in the preparation and negotiation of bids, RFQ’s & quotations with customers, suppliers and overseas agents
- Assist with sales campaigns and events in conjunction with local and overseas partners
- Co-ordinate and attend sales visits in CAN, USA and with overseas partners for aiding business development if applicable
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/ territory according to agreed market strategy
- Joint sales visits with other sales professionals
- Compliance with all regulations prescribed by CAN Customers
- Offer sales support for future sales offices in remote locations
- Creating proposals
- Response and follow up sales inquiries
- Client Management of allocated customers by using established tools to achieve and exceed targets
- Weekly follow up with new clients after first shipments
- Deployment of information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties
- Ensure that any client entertainment activities are carried out in a professional and responsible manner to ensure the we remain a respected leader in the industry
- Ensure customer requests related to commercial activities are completed in a timely manner
- Adhere to client SLA's
If you have the experience we are looking for, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you to grow your career with a very well respected and proven business. We should speak, please apply.
- Knowledge of related computer applications and reporting tools
- Familiar with all freight forwarding procedures, products, regulations & departments
- 2-5 years of industry related experience required
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills
- Proven Sales and Business selling ability & success