MANAGING DIRECTOR/STUDIO LEAD
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture & Design
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for a Senior Architect/Managing Director to join a growing and developing team in Toronto, Ontario as a Managing Director/Studio Lead. This international company has an incredible reputation and is looking for a passionate individual to join their leadership team as they are growing their studio.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Client has been a leader in the design industry throughout the globe and has been based in Toronto now for over 12 years. With a collaborative perspective on design and community development our Client has established itself as a leader globally in the industry with a strong focus on building environments that are functional and aesthetically innovative for our ever-changing world. With an incredible leadership team, excellent diverse and award-winning projects and an ambition to grow and develop further this company is continuing to grow and expand throughout the globe.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Managing Director/Studio Lead will have extensive management experience working in an Architecture and Design firm as a Manager, Director or current Studio Lead. With a passion for design and experience working on large scale projects in the institutional, healthcare, commercial and hospitality sector this individual will assist in leading a team through projects from inception to completion at a high-level. This individual will work alongside the Principal leadership team and focus on implementing strategic business practices that help develop and grow the Toronto studio. Strong understanding of the current market of design both locally and globally will allow this position and the studio to develop further as the company grows. This role will require direct communication with current Clients locally and globally with the ability to develop new Clients and perform business development for the company. This individual will have an excellent leadership ability with a strong emphasis on coaching and mentoring staff within a fast-paced and dynamic studio. There is much room to grow in this company and with this position as the studio is developing and growing further in the market. The company provides a competitive compensation structure with an excellent bonus structure and personal development opportunities.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- B.Deg, Master's in Architecture, OAA Registered (or approved registration from another Province with ability to transfer)
- 15+ years' experience as an Architect in the architecture, design and engineering industry with local or globally based firm
- Strong skill set and experience managing teams and leading projects from inception to completion
- Excellent experience working in a Studio ideally leading a team of 10+ employees including Architects, Technologists, Interior Designers and Engineers
- Excellent technical knowledge and design experience within the industry with experience working in a consulting environment
- Portfolio of projects and designs within Canada that highlight design skills
- Experience working with technical programs like Vectorworks, AuotCAD, and REVIT are assets
- Detailed approach to client relationship management with an entrepreneurial mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design a must
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Opportunity to be part of a leadership team to develop and grow a studio further within the GTA
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan with excellent bonus structure
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!