Senior Operations Manager
Freight Forwarding / office management experience required Min 5 years experience
$60-$70k Base Salary
Very Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits + profit sharing
Cantonese, Mandarin speaking is a massive +
Our client, a Freight Forwarding business unit located in the GTA (Mississauga) Ontario are looking for a Senior Office Manager to drive lead and manage the Supply Chain and flow of their containers.
Our client is a leader in their industry with a well established image among their client base and competition. Being a smaller business, they are offering up a great position that will include profit sharing.Their culture is one that respects and values their employees and always leads by example to promote and grow from previous years. This would include managing a small team in the office, but are looking for a hands on leader to drive the business forward. Strong values and ethics within the organization has allowed them to prosper year after year. This is a fantastic company to work for with a senior leadership team strategically promoting within.
This is a very exciting role with fantastic growth potential. The chosen candidate will be accountable for the success of this location and must lead by example. This is a great opportunity to hone in on your management, business development and admin skill set. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and create a strong routine that others can learn from. With a team of direct reports the candidate will need to lead, coach mentor and promote at this location.
The position of the Senior Operations Manager is the backbone of the supply chain operations with accountability for all major functions including;
- Data Entries
- Prepare documents
- Provide Excellent Customer Service on phone and at times in person
- Communicate with clients, carriers and agents
- Track, trace and notify customer/broker of arrival
- Prepare quotations to customers
- Set up customs clearance including PARS
- Release of the freight to appropriate party
- Arrange transportation of freight to destination
The Type of candidate they are looking to interview will be;
- Integrity and decency
- In-depth knowledge in importations
- Attention to details
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, freight forwarding software)
- Good command of English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Knowledge of eManifest filing process an asset
- Intimate knowledge of logistics including Air Import, Ocean Import/Export an asset
- Freight Forwarding / NVOCC / Air and Ocean Import: minimum 5 years
If you have the above experience and are looking for at great career move, please apply.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions Inc.
USA Toll-Free: 1855-900-3435
UK - London: 0333-344-8008
Ireland - Dublin: 01-531-3535