Customer Service Associate
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for the processing and tracking of orders received via phone, fax, EDI or mail. They will communicate required shipment and delivery schedules to customers by serving as a liaison with internal departments. The CSR will also handle all customer inquiries regarding shipment tracing, shortages, overages, quality late shipments, etc. They will also process all documentation required and maintain files in accordance with SOX compliance and departmental policies.
- Accurately manage the order inputting process into JDE as it relates to prices, terms of sale, product, quantity, ship to, sold to, and customer’s special instructions. Maintain system accuracy on all sales orders and back orders.
- Ensure SOX compliance processes are followed and necessary documents are verified and kept on file as needed. Maintain customer files including pricing data, payment and delivery terms, vendor control maintenance sheets, sample requests, etc.
- Works with internal supply chain departments to keep customers updated as to their order status if changes occur in a pro-active manner. Also ensure product knowledge stays up to date on current and future products.
- May coordinate truck deliveries at certain locations with Traffic department
- Coordinate returned goods with Sales Representative or manager
- Maintain daily contact with Sales Representative regarding pricing inquires, discrepancies on customer’s purchase orders and updates on customer order status
- Participate in inventory counts as required
- Maintain up to date price books and initiate all price increases and ensure they are implemented in the invoicing system
- Initiates outgoing calls to current and prospective customers to maximize weekly order file
- Reports competitive activities to sales team and processes requests for samples
- Three years customer service experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education in business management or equivalent field of study preferred
- JDE or other mainline ERP such as SAP is an asset