Real Estate Development
Reporting to the Chief Operations Manager, the Purchasing Manager will supply internal customers with an uninterrupted flow of goods and services. They will place an emphasis on quality and best value, not merely the lowest price, to satisfy requirements for consistency, fairness and transparency while maintaining a focus on maximizing competition.
What the Purchasing Manager role encompasses:
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quantity.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers/trades.
- Negotiate / approve pricing contracts/estimates, while monitoring the quality of service provided.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and pre-qualify them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Keep estimates/contracts/PO’s and use them as reference for the future.
- Develop purchasing strategies and track progresses.
- Produce pricing comparisons for budgeting purposes and relay to Operations Manager
- Evaluate pricings and make recommendations to Management based on commercial and technical factors.
- Maintain proper communication protocols with vendors/supplies with respect to business objectives.
- Attend meetings and trade/supplier conferences.
- Train and supervise team members assigned to the Department of Purchasing.
- Determine quantity and time of deliveries.
- Maintain the construction budget for each project.
- Negotiate pricing with subcontractors and suppliers.
- QuickBooks [Issuance of purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs/Verifying receipt of materials and equipment]
- Meet with subcontractors and suppliers, as necessary.
- Do accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are maintained.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings.
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work.
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes.
- Review site progress pictures for verifying progress and quality.
- Review technical specifications for raw materials, components, equipment and/ or buildings.
- Handle change order requests.
- Coordinate with design team on project plans for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with site personnel to deal with site issues related to purchasing. (i.e.: Shortages, overages, last minute change orders, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with the Contracts Department to ensure supplies/material required coincide with contracts awarded. (i.e.: S/I, Labor Only)
- Travel to all markets of operation to establish, maintain and review vendor’s relations.
- Perform other duties assigned by manager
Purchasing Manager, who you are:
- A minimum of 5 years' of Purchasing experience required
- Previous Construction buying experience required
- Strong computer skills; MS Office, QuickBooks
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Strong relationship building skills
- Skilled at customer service / vendor relations
- Ability to travel for work
Purchasing Manager Salary:
Market leading compensation & Benefits, Project diversity and stability!
Purchasing Manager Similar Job Titles:
Senior Purchasing Manager
Supply Chain Planning Manager
Procurement Operations Manager
Manager Strategic Sourcing
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.