Senior Development Manager
Based in Victoria, BC, the Senior Development Manager will report to the Director, Development and will work extensively with all members of the development team. Duties for this role include: supporting for the overall development project management and assistance with project conception to execution and closeout, coordinate with the necessary permitting authorities for the receipt of regulatory permits for these projects, preparing presentation materials (written and graphic) to support senior management, and coordinating with various third-party consultants.
What the Senior Development Manager role encompasses:
- Work with the Asset Management team to source potential development sites through realtors, referrals, or direct contact with property owners
- Conduct site due diligence, development feasibility studies and site modelling (site valuation, holding income potential, zoning bylaws, Official Community Plans, Local Area/Neighbourhood Plans, land use strategies)
- Prepare and manage development pro-formas on an on-going basis and at various stages throughout the development process to ensure viability of development projects
- Coordinate and manage internal team members as well as external consultants (i.e. lawyers, architects, surveyors, geotechnical, environmental, realtors, appraisers, etc.)
- Review legal documents (i.e. Letters of Interest, Contracts of Purchase and Sale, lease agreements, etc.)
- Draft and submit Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for all necessary consultants (i.e. architect, landscape architect, civil consultant, interior designer, etc.)
- Facilitate all Rezoning, Subdivision, Development Variance Permit, and Development Permit Applications as it pertains to development projects
- Maintain communication with all municipal authorities and public stakeholders (i.e. city planners, council members, neighbourhood/community associations, community organizations, residential and commercial neighbours)
- Liaise with municipal authorities and community stakeholders to mitigate political and public liabilities
- Prepare and/or review all correspondence to be sent to municipal authorities and public stakeholders
- Act as primary contact for all city correspondence pertaining to development projects
- Conduct project management duties such as budgeting (development pro forma), project timelines, site inspections, contract review and management, and project administration functions
- Ensure all applications (Rezoning, DVP, DP, BP, etc.) are being processed and are proceeding according to schedule
- Review/coordinate Disclosure Statements and subsequent amendments, Strata Plans, Strata Budgets, etc.
- Manage all leads for potential commercial/retail tenants and resulting negotiations while coordinating all necessary documentation with property manager (i.e. Offers to Lease, Lease Agreements, etc.)
- Facilitate and manage construction financing requirements (work with CFO)
- Manage Disclosure Statement process for new developments
- Manage the selection of a strata property manager as well as the setup of any building amenities committed to (i.e. building concierge, shared vehicles, common amenities, etc.)
- Drive projects from acquisition through to completion while maintaining objectives
Senior Development Manager, who you are:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within development and construction
- Understanding and experience with permitting process in Victoria and the surrounding areas
- Experience completing high end commercial and residential construction projects.
- A bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Demonstrable experience with essential development contracts such as contracts for architectural services, engineering services, and general contracting services.
- Demonstrable experience with permitting agencies, either as an architect or owners' project manager.
- Fluent reading architectural and engineering plans for residential real estate
- Computer Skills – Highly functional capabilities
- Communication and Collaboration Skills – Superior English writing and oral communication skills; ability to develop and sustain collaborative and effective working relationships with all personalities; ability to exercise discretion and strict confidentiality.
- Embrace and pro-actively support company values and culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility.
Senior Development Manager Salary:
Market leading compensation, Bonus, Benefits, Education, Project diversity and stability!
Development Manager Similar Job Titles:
Vice President Development
Senior Director Development
Senior Development Manager
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.